Joan and her 6 Labs from over at LabTails have tagged us with the Honest Scrap Award! As Joan says, say “Honest Scrap” five times fast and you’ll get the idea… : )
Thank you Joan and Labs -Â Ridge, Elsie, Keynya, Pinot, Tuc, and Rudy! We’re honored to be included.
Here are the particulars:
“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you donâ€™t have seven (7) friends. Show the seven (7) random victimsâ€™ names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with â€œHonest Weblogâ€. Well, thereâ€™s no prize, really, but they can keep the nifty icon. Next, in your blog, list at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!”
In other words, all chosen for this “esteemed” award should list a few honest facts (scraps — short truths) about themselves. Final instructions include “have fun” and “keep it real.”
Here’s my gang’s list:
- Since Wink’s arrival, Kiera has become much more playful. Wink seems to have made it his job to help keep Kiera young. They are hysterical to watch together.
- If I let Graidy, I think he would bark non-stop all day, or until he lost his voice. Which ever came first. Being able to work from a home-office is a godsend. That means I’m around enough to help him redirect that alerting energy. I’m also blessed with neighbors who love our dogs.
- Finn has finally figured out how to get out of our fenced area.Â And I’m okay with that. I’ve done all I can to keep him safe, and I can’t in good conscience keep him indoors against his will. His destiny is his own now.
- Cait has been taking Wink for Obedience training. She’s turning out to be a great dog-mom, and she’s doing a fantastic job with her boy. It helps that he adores her and is a quick study.
- I have to say that, while I love Wink to pieces and am very glad he’s here, having three dogs is a handful. I don’t know how you people with 5, 6, 7 dogs do it! Two is the perfect number for me.
- [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][Gross-out alert] Wink and Graidy love to lick any face they can reach. Wink and Graidy also love to eat poop. Kiera does not care to lick faces; if you get a kiss from her, that’s pretty special. Kiera does not eat poop. If you come to our house, work hard to make sure the kisses you get are from Kiera.
- While Andrew complains about winter and bundles up like an Eskimo, I walk around all winter without a coat on. I love the cold.
- Having said that, I’m ready for the weather to start warming up so I can look forward to another season of gardening.
- At the moment, I’m obsessed with this guy’s piano music. If I didn’t have so much on my plate, I’d spend all day playing his songs on my piano.
- And I’m having a blast working on my “Smart Dog” book. I love getting to have the experience of seeing that so many other people love and enjoy — and are amused by — their dogs as much as I am.Â I also love working on such a funny, feel-good project.Â By the end of the day, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.Â I’m thinking of making this a prerequisite for all future projects — cheeks must hurt from too much smiling.
Okay, that’s it for us. Now, I know this only calls for 7 victims, but I didn’t want to leave anybody out so we’re going to tag:
1. Therese at PetSit USA
2. Deb at G’s Cottage
3. Nita and her gang at Throwback at Trapper Creek
4. Mary Alice over at From the Frontlines
5. Meredith at Poppy Fields
6. Caffienated Cowgirl over atÂ But Do They Have Coffee
7. Lynn at Animal Ovation
8. Sarah at Teetotaled
9. Nutmeg at Simply Nutmeg
10. Linda up in Just Another Day on the Prairie
11. edj all the way over at Planet Nomad
and last but not least
12. YOU. If you’re in need of a post idea, feel free to join in the fun.
2 thoughts on “Honesty, the Best Policy (Honest Scrap Award)”
I am actually just commenting now (sorry, I am SO far behind on posts). Thank you for the honor…and I will be writing my tonight.
BTW…I asked my mom to track down photos of Fly, my smart dog. She surprised me with a copy of his papers! I thought they were long since lost…what a walk down memory lane :)
My apologies to all who took the time to leave comments on this post. When my site got hacked, these were some of the comments that got lost.