…would be punishable by Slow Dial-Up.
We’d all agree that spam is an annoying nuisance â€”a pesky swarm of e-mosquitoes dive-bombing our in-boxes. We all hate it so much that we would never knowingly forward spam to our friends. Right?
Several times a week, I get what I call â€œsuperstitious spam emailsâ€ from friendsâ€”the 21st Century version of chain letters. You know the kind: Read this little prayer, ditty, cute pics with captions, and forward it to fill-in-the-number of your friends. When you do, youâ€™ll receive some fabulous good luck.
Does the sender really think that by simply forwarding an email to several friends theyâ€™ve somehow garnered special dispensation from the email fairies? Iâ€™d guess thatâ€™s 25% of the reason. The other 75%? […]