Midwestern Pet Foods company expands voluntary recall of dry food products.
After more than 70 dogs died and 80 others became ill, possibly from ingesting fatal levels of a toxin that is produced by mold, Midwestern Pet Foods is conducting a recall, the Food and Drug Administration said.
Pet parents: do not feed the recalled products to your pets or any other animals.
Destroy the products in a way that children, pets and wildlife cannot access them. Wash and sanitize pet food bowls, cups and storage containers.
Contact Midwestern Pet Foods Consumer Affairs at 800-474-4163, ext. 455 from 7AM to 4PM Central Time, Monday through Friday, or by email at [email protected] for additional information.
This is a voluntary recall conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Recalled lot codes are as follows:
- 50# Sportmix Energy Plus Lots Exp 03/02/22/05/L2, 03/02/22/05/L3, 03/03/22/05/L2
- 44# Sportmix Energy Plus Lots 03/02/22/05/L3
- 50# Sportmix Premium High Energy Lots 03/03/22/05/L3
- 44# Sportmix Premium High Energy Lots 03/03/22/05/L3
- 31# Sportmix Original Cat Lots 03/03/22/05/L3
- 15# Sportmix Original Cat Lots 03/03/22/05/L2, 03/03/22/05/L3